faith

June 30, 2010

I'm taking a photo class this summer.

Yesterday's project was to take a picture of something that has to do with faith.

I woke up around 10:00 AM, and I laid in bed thinking about faith, and photography, and what the hell I was going to do to put the two of them together. I thought of my sister - the consummation of my faith since she walked through my front door. After that, I thought about getting out of bed to actually take a photo before my last day of therapy, and my last day of work, here in Long Beach.

 I get on a train, tomorrow, to visit my family for two weeks before leaving for Africa.

That's been my idea of faith, for a while now. I go when I know in the bottom of my gut that it's time. I stay when I know, in the bottom of my gut, that it's time. Sometimes I think I know, and then a door opens, or a door closes. Sometimes I want to go and I have to stay. Sometimes I want to stay, and I have to go.

My decision to spend the summer in Africa has proved to be the right one, over and over again. But at the beginning? I was about $2500 short of a big dream.

I can't believe it's finally almost here.

1 comments:

angela said...

NICE picture. i think it's a great example of faith.