answers

May 20, 2010


Zora Neale Hurston writes that, "There are years that ask questions, and years that answer."

Last year, I asked questions.

This year, I'm started to see answers.

And, I'll be quite frank: I'm excited.

Excited about the large and the small - the big deals, the small deals, and the way that, finally, I have begun to feel free from the things that were loudly telling me that the next step wasn't quite possible.

I'm excited for summer - for school to let out, and for the fall to be my last semester of undergrad. Excited to have plans to sit at my desk and to write this summer, to have time to read the books I want to. Excited to purchase a new camera, and to take pictures of my sister when I am home, and Africa when I'm gone.

Speaking of, I'm excited about Africa. Excited for almost all of my funding to have come in, excited about what I will take with me, and the things about myself that I will leave there - excited about the changes I will come back with, and the stories I will have to tell.

Excited about this weekend's plans in downtown Long Beach with some of my faves. Excited to say hello and goodbye, to drive again, to stop for coffee on the way home again, excited to be dropped off at the airport again, and then excited to be picked up.

Excited about the next chapter in my life.

You never knew a girl who got so terribly happy when told to pack her bags.

(Now for this last journ quiz...)

photo via this tumblr.

0 comments: