#5: Heather

Name: Heather McNeilly

If we were to ask those around you, what role would they say you most often play in the lives of others? I think if you asked my closest friends what role I most play...it would be that I am dependable, honest...and true.

What is your unique place in your family?
In my family, I would say that at a young age, I become the mother. I am the one that you disappoint, because I want more. I am the sobriety in a world of addiction.

Hardest trial you faced, and ways it has made you stronger: Wow, this is a hard one. It is now. It is the thoughts going through my head at this very moment in my life, and then sitting on the floor watching my 3 year-old sleep in his bed and sobbing at the thought of my choices affecting him...how is made me stronger....(deep breath).....I think I'm stronger for the realization of what is important, when sometimes it's easy to get distracted...

Your definition of beauty:Beauty is the purest laughter. The I-don't-care-what-I-look-like-or-sound-like-belly-laughter....from my child.

Accomplishment you're most pleased with:Well, this is easy. It is hearing friends, family, and complete strangers tell me that they have never seen a child so happy....as mine.

Next feat you're tackling:It is tackling question #3.
 

Dream job: discovering new music. New bands, artists, musicians. A music scout. Ah, the joy that would bring me...
 
Favorite food: Chinese! A group of friends...sitting around laughing, talking, sharing...and eating Chinese!
 
 Three things that make you terrible happy:
My son. Music. Hearing people laugh, right out loud.
 
Best advice you've ever received:
That some day my son is going to have to defend my life, my relationship...and that I need to make sure he has a reason to want to defend it.
 
Favorite Quote:  Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of love. --Maureen Hawkins

Favorite picture of yourself:

 
Book you're currently reading: Imperfect Birds - Anne Lamott

0 comments: