#2: Afua

May 6, 2010

 Name: Afua Siawaa Asare 

Occupation: Student, lover of life

What is your unique place in your family? Sister, daughter, trouble maker, question asker, cousin.

Hardest trial you faced, and ways it has made you stronger:
My body image has always been a struggle for me. I'm chubby and black. It's been had for me not to look like the people that i interact with. It has taken me a long time to become comfortable with the way that God has made me. It has taken me a long time to see my self as the workmanship of God, if he things i'm beautiful, then i have nothing else to worry about.

Your definition of beauty: Confidence coupled with humility that causes others to see God.

Accomplishment you're most pleased with: Becoming more independent.

Next feat you're tackling: Figuring out what to do with my life.

Dream job: Counseling young mothers, and delivering babies.

Favorite food: Ice cream

Three things that make you terribly happy:
1. Sand in between my toes, and the warm sun on my back.
2. Naps when I should be working.
3. Talking to people who don't know they are brilliant.

Best advice you've ever received: "It's okay to cry"

Favorite quote:
So corny that my fav quote is a bible passage... Zep 3.17 and 19

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing...
At that time I will deal
with all who oppressed you;
I will rescue the lame
and gather those who have been scattered.
I will give them praise and honor
in every land where they were put to shame.

Favorite photo of yourself: 

Book you're currently reading: A picture of dorian gray

2 comments:

Carsen said...

love that verse!

angela said...

yeah, i would not say there is anything corny about loving that passage! stand strong! :)