#1: Kelly

May 6, 2010

Name: Kelly McKenna

Occupation: Cosmetologist/Rock star

If we were to ask those around you, what role would they say you most often play in the lives of others?
The mediator and the listener. I'm the one that has to fix every conflict, even if it's not my own. And the listener because no matter what time it is, my friends and family know that they can call me and I'll always be there to listen. Even if it is 4am.

What is your unique place in your family?
I don't really know that I have a "unique" place in my family. I have a very small family so everyone is really protective of me. I have some "adopted" family too. But the general concencus is that I do have a pretty unique style. They all refer to me as the rocker chick ;)

Hardest trial you faced, and ways it has made you stronger:
I'd have to say most recently I had a lot of major things happen to me all at once. My grandmother was sick and passed away, my best friend moved to Florida, my boyfriend (at the time) had just found out he was going to Japan for 2 years with the military and my father up and moved to Montana without warning. Everything happened to me at once. I was about to have a nervous breakdown. But, my close friend that moved to Florida had always been the best person to go to for advice. So even though he was moving, in the back of my mind I knew I still had him to fall back on. Not until he left and made me realize that I needed to get through all of this on my own, did I become a stronger person. All of my life I have been someone that holds everything in and never cries. But only now, have I learned that holding everything in doesn't make you a stronger person. It makes you weaker in the end.

Your definition of beauty:
I'm not going to be the corny "beauty comes from within" girl. But I will say that beauty is something that I have always had a hard time with. When I was younger, the word beautiful meant something completely different to me. Now, as I've gotten older, I see beauty in everything. So I guess my definition of beauty is whatever makes YOU happy. Even if that means hot pink hair =)

Accomplishment you're most pleased with:
I have accomplished alot of things that I am proud of. Most recently, I lost 80lbs. But, I don't think I have accomplished anything "blog-worthy"...YET! I want to accomplish bigger and better things. So, come back to me in 5 years. See what I have accomplished then!

Next feat you're tackling:
Moving to Florida and getting my life together. I need warm weather to thrive and Pennsylvania is NOT doing that for me. I'll miss my family and friends, but if I don't do it now, I may never get the chance to do it again. And the word "regret" is not in my vocabulary.

Dream job: Opera Singer.

Favorite food: Chicken! Anything chicken really...haha.

Three things that make you terribly happy: Coffee, family and friends, and the beach =)

Best advice you've ever received:
"Big tree fall hard"...translation: Don't always try to be the strong one. Don't hold everything in. Because eventually, even the strongest person falls.

Favorite quote:
"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."

Favorite picture of yourself:

Book You're currently reading: "The Shack," by William Young.

2 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

You lost 80 pounds?! Congratulations!

Kelly

Kitty said...

love this! love the quotes, advice, everything!