- Making Me Magazine is a showcase for writing and art that gives voice to often marginalised, stigmatised or misunderstood individuals and experiences. It is a place for anyone who has confronted or is dealing with significant life challenges to share their story.
- Underpinning the project is the understanding that although adversity is universal, much suffering - arising through ignorance, fear and isolation - can be tempered and even dispelled.
- Making Me is a safe place to find relief through expression, strength through identification and to channel emotions and experiences into creativity.
- Currently contributors are located in Holland, the US, UK, Bulgaria and Germa
ny. Their words tell tales of building new lives after communism, conviction, of living with a personality disorder, of overcoming eating disorders, of losing a partner and surviving cancer and abuse.
- Non-judgmental support.
- The opportunity to find a voice and speak out. Despite the universal nature of so many challenges, shame still drives many of us into silence and isolation.
- Opportunities to discover passions, talents and to develop these alongside confidence and transferable skills.
- Mentoring and training: Making Me Magazine is sponsored and supported by isca media. isca media is a collective of artists, writers, photographers and filmmakers. The collective’s skills are available to anyone who wants to develop their craft. isca media also publish an online lifestyle magazine called iwalkiwrite.
- A fiction website called The Storyteller's Arms
What do you feel you have accomplished?
The history and healing power of dance.
(image via weheartit.com).