LRA attack - gone unreported since December, 2009

March 29, 2010


I know that it's Monday, and I had a fabulous weekend - worth blogging about.


But Saturday is the day that I'm waking up thinking about.

Saturday this news came out.

I'm planning to go to Uganda this summer, and these people are real to me. I'm thinking about the women, the children, the men of Tapali, Congo.

Awareness is key, is it not?

I'm reminded that I live in a place where I am able to speak of these things freely - without fear of violence.

This is huger than we realize.

(Photo via the New York Times)

4 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

You're an inspiration, Miss Shanley.

Kelly

Red Boots said...

It takes courage to leave your comfort zone and help others less fortunate, so I completely agree with Kelly.

x

ps: I love the word 'parcel' - it's one of my favourite words!

Claire said...

I love the heart of justice you have for others, especially those are more apparently needy in places like Uganda and Haiti.

Thanks for sharing the article. It completely breaks my heart for the people there. It's kind of frustrating as well to see that it's gone unreported since December...

angela said...

i read this and couldn't think to comment. it's heartbreaking, friend. i'm so sorry. and yet, as carsen reminded us, the Lord is good and just. i have to hope on that!

i'm praying, dear sister.