love and photos from haiti

February 25, 2010


A friend sent me an email last night about this organization.

I love the idea of what they are doing...no. It's more than that. I believe in the idea of what they are doing. If nothing else, lately, I have been learning that God loves PEOPLE. Me, you, people in Haiti, the person who secretly (or not so secretly) judged me last week in church, the girl I decided not to like the first week of school...

You get my point.

In the spirit of love for people, and Jesus, Thomas Hurst has made the decision to give away his powerful photos of the disaster in Haiti for free.

Mark Driscoll writes this about him,
"On the trip we all loved having Thomas with us. The thousands of photos he took are simply stunning. To help the cause in Haiti, we have decided to simply give away all his work. Feel free to use these photos for God’s glory and Haiti’s good. Individuals, churches, relief organizations, and others are welcome to use these images. If you would like to make a donation, please do so here."

When I went to work in Haiti, my housemate gave me this book to read. In it, Graham Greene speaks of the Haitian people as being the most beautiful in the world.

Then, I was struck by the truth in his words.
Now, I am struck by the way that Hurst has captured that beauty.

find the rest here.

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

I really think this is what it's all supposed to be about...love. God loves. Simple. God IS love. Simple. Love each other. Simple. Do and be love one to another.

Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to do. But when we fall, God loves us anyways...as do the people we call friends and family. :)

Beth said...

These are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing. It's wonderful to see people helping each other.