Going Back

December 11, 2010

                I have very, very, very exciting news.



                                                         I'm planning a trip.

                                                                           Guess where I'm going? 
                                                                  I'll give you a few visual hints:



 
 
 

                                             Is it getting any clearer?
                                                                    I'll keep trying....


 
 
(I LOVE how his pants are falling down in this picture!)




                                                 I'm going back to Africa
                               
                              This time, I'm going to Uganda, with an organization called Align Ministries

The plan is to leave in June, sometime, and to stay through sometime in August, when I will have to come back for my last semester of school.

I'll be working with orphans that are trying to adjust after being placed with new families, starting reading programs at a local school, and I'll be doing media/social media for Align, among other things.

I'll be living with a local family that (get this) doesn't have a ceiling, or running water. So prepare for some funny (and possibly some really hysterically overwhelmed) tidbits.  


If you would like to help me go to Uganda, there are a few ways you can do this: 



I've set up a paypal account for donations for my trip (there's a button for it at the top of my blog too):



If you would for your donation to be tax deductible, you can send me a check made out to Align Ministries  (you can email me for information about where you can should it).

                                                            I can't wait!





8 comments:

angela said...

i am THRILLED for you!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! Have an AMAZING time! I would LOVE to go to Africa!
-Ash

Brittan said...

i just found your blog, but i'm so happy for you. this is exciting news and what you are doing is absolutely wonderful.

Kora Bruce said...

ohh this gave me chills! so glad that youre making this trip.

and so sorry that ive been crazy busy the past two weeks, i will get with you soon!

xoxox love you!

Michelle Shopped said...

those kids are the absolute best -- would love to scoop one of 'em up for hugs and kisses...

*Eli said...

Shanley this is so exciting!!
When do you leave and how long will you be there?!

Phoenix said...

Yeah Shanley! Congrats on the trip and what a fantastic, generous journey it seems that it will be :)

Taylor K said...

that sounds VERY exciting. I spent time in Africa five years ago and I miss it! Can't wait to go back.