Noteworthy #3: Cate Humble

What is the most significant thing you feel you have done to make a difference in the lives of other people?

I think the most significant thing "I've done" for the benefit of others it to pray for them. To pray specifically, perseveringly, expectantly. More so than any outward act of service, praying with faith makes the impossible possible. It takes the responsibility and focus off of yourself and allows God to show His wisdom and power. I've seen prayers answered that I had little faith in delivering. I've seen longings fulfilled through persevering in prayer. I've seen God do the impossible. So, it's not anything that I've actually done that has had any kind of impact on anyone's life...it's the marvelous mystery of asking God while believing that He is able and expecting that He will do it.



What motivated your heart?

I'm motivated to pray because I see fallen people in a fallen world experiencing the results of the fall. I mourn this broken world and long for it's redemption. Somehow, prayer is part of the beautiful plan to make things right again through Jesus the Redeemer.


How did it change you?

Prayer continues to change me because it reveals more of who I am and who God is. Like how far from holy I am and how completely holy God is. Or how helpless I am to make any difference in people's lives without God living in and working through me. How God knows my needs before I even mention them...and yet He wants me to pour my heart out to Him. How desperately I need Him and how delighted He is to do me good.


What is your favorite quote?

"Tis not that I did choose Thee,
For Lord, that could not be;
This heart would still refuse Thee,
Hadst Thou not chosen me...

My heart owns none before Thee,
For Thy rich grace I thirst;
This knowing, if I love Thee,
Thou must have loved me first."
-Josiah Conder

Favorite picture you have taken: 





Favorite picture of yourself:



If you have a cause you're passionate about, what can people do to help? 

I'm passionate about children in need. Find out if your church supports a mission that ministers to needy children/orphans and invest your prayers, money, and/or time. If your church isn't involved in ministering to orphans and needy children, it should be...maybe God would use you to get it started! "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." - James 1.27

1 comments:

angela said...

i love other people's thoughts on prayer. it is POWERFUL!